CV free of insurgents: AFP Centcom assures | SunStar

CV free of insurgents: AFP Centcom assures

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

CV free of insurgents: AFP Centcom assures

Friday, October 06, 2017

THE Central Command of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) assured that Southern Cebu is free from insurgents and continues to be safe for tourists.

This, after some embassies have not yet lifted the travel advisories in the towns of Southern Cebu.

“The whole of Visayas is relatively safe. Our tourist spots here are beautiful and in fact, even my family visits there. If it’s not safe, why would I let my own family and children go there?,” Lt. Gen. Oscar Lactao, Centcom commander, said.

Lactao said that the Task Force Cebu is still looking over the whole safety of the Visayas. (JOB)

Published in the SunStar Cebu newspaper on October 06, 2017.

Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments