Hitman Jeric Torres surrenders to Ronda, Cebu vice mayor

'Hitman' surrenders to Ronda vice mayor

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

'Hitman' surrenders to Ronda vice mayor

Thursday, October 19, 2017

CEBU. Jeric Torres, who surrendered Thursday to Ronda, Cebu Vice Mayor Jonnah John Ungab. (Kevin A. Lagunda/SunStar Cebu)

A 35-YEAR-OLD "hitman" surrendered to Ronda, Cebu Vice Mayor Jonnah John Ungab on Thursday, October 19.

Jeric "A-Ay" Torres is facing a murder case pending before the sala of Barili Regional Trial Court Branch 60 Judge Leopoldo Cañete.

The case is a non-bailable offense.

Senior Superintendent Edgar Alan Okubo, the Cebu Provincial Police Office (CPPO) director, said Torres is an armed group leader and the most wanted person in Ronda.

Torres, a high-value target, was reportedly involved in several murder and homicide incidents.

Superintendent Joie Pacito Yape Jr., the acting police chief of Ronda, said Torres is involved in illegal drug trade.

Last September 14, Torres was one of the persons who participated in the mass surrender of 106 firearms. He gave his .30 Garand rifle and .45 pistol.

The CPPO-Provincial Intelligence Branch (PIB) obtained the warrant for Torres's arrest for murder issued by Judge Cañete last October 1.

On Monday, October 16, PIB and Ronda police operatives tried to serve the warrant at Torres's house, but he was not around.

Torres will be presented to the court, which then will issue an order to commit him to a jail. (KAL/SunStar Cebu)

Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments