Cebu Archbishop Emeritus Ricardo Cardinal Vidal's tomb temporarily off limits to public

Vidal's tomb temporarily off limits to public

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Vidal's tomb temporarily off limits to public

Thursday, October 26, 2017

CEBU. A security guard tells mourners that public viewing for the tomb of retired Cebu Archbishop Emeritus Ricardo Cardinal Vidal is not open while finishing touches are still to be completed yet. (Arni C. Aclao)

THE tomb of retired Cebu Archbishop Emeritus Ricardo Cardinal Vidal is temporarily off limits to the public for a week following the decision of the Archdiocese of Cebu to close it starting Thursday, October 26.

Fr. Brian Brigoli, chairman of the Archdiocesan Commission on Culture and Heritage, said the tomb will be closed for five to seven days as finishing touches on the mausoleum, like putting a permanent cover for his tomb, will still be completed.

The tomb closed starting Thursday, October 26.

Brigoli assured that the finishing touches will be done quickly and visitations to Vidal’s tomb will resume right away.

At present, Brigoli said visitors can leave flowers at the outer sanctum of the mausoleum while the inner sanctum is still off limits.

Thousands of Cebuanos, Catholic religious and supporters of Cardinal Vidal joined the requiem mass and funeral rites on Thursday morning. (SunStar Cebu)

Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments