Bizman, 12 others nabbed in separate drug busts | SunStar

Bizman, 12 others nabbed in separate drug busts

Time to read
1 minute
Read so far

Bizman, 12 others nabbed in separate drug busts

Friday, January 12, 2018

Richard Ngo Go, the R Suites Cafe owner wearing gray shirt, was caught by operatives on Thursday, January 11 for allegedly possessing tablets of ecstasy, a banned party drug. (Photo by Johanna Marie O. Bajenting)

(UPDATED) -- Anti-Narcotics operatives arrested businessmen for their alleged involvement in selling prohibited party drug on Friday, January 12, in a drug bust inside a hotel on AC Cortes Ave. in Barangay Alang-Alang, Mandaue City, Cebu.

Police Regional Office-Central Visayas Director Jose Mario Espino identified the suspects as Neil Benjamin Eugenio Yap, 33, and Richard Ngo Go, 40.

The joint operation of the Regional Drug Enforcement Unit and Regional Special Operations Group took place at the R Suites Cafe, which is owned by Go.

In a subdivision in Barangay Bulacao, Talisay City, Cebu, a team from Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA)-Central Visayas caught Baysay Custodio, 29, confiscating 250 grams of white crystalline substance believed to be methamphetamine hydrochloride, locally known as "shabu," worth P1.2 million.

PDEA-Central Visayas Director Emerson Margate said the suspect is an underling of detained Eastern Visayas "drug lord" Kerwin Espinosa.

A cell phone recovered from the suspect will subjected to examination to determine her connections and supplier.

At 4:45 p.m. Thursday, January 11, PDEA caught Mimbilus Acampado, 44, and her son Christian, 20, in Barangay Parian, Cebu City, yielding 70 grams of "shabu" worth P210,000.

In the Mandaue City operation, Go yielded a pack containing 10 pieces of blue square tablets believed to be Blue Telegram Ecstasy; a pack of orange capsule believed to be Orange Amore Ecstasy; a plastic bottle containing orange liquid substance; a cell phone and a marked P1,000 bill used in the drug bust.

Police confiscated from Yap 15 capsules believed to be ecstasy; P1,500 cash; two white envelopes for packing and a cell phone.

Espino said they are still investigating to determine the suspects' suppliers.

He further said they are monitoring parties and events in the Sinulog season where party drugs are expected to be sold by pushers.

In Danao City, suspects yielded 3.05 grams of "shabu." The contraband has a Dangerous Drugs Board value of P35,990.

The operations started at 11:03 p.m. Thursday, January 11, and ended at 2:03 a.m. Friday, January 12.

Also, six suspected pushers and two users were caught in a series of drug busts in the villages of Sabang and Looc in Danao City, Cebu.

Chief Inspector Gerard Ace Pelare, the city police commander, identified the pushers as Cyrus Duterte, Lester Lawas, Elizar Capuyan, Reynaldo Murillo, Alfie Murillo, and Junrey Murillo.

Pelare said Duterte is not related to President Rodrigo Duterte. "Daghan kaayo nang apelyidoha diri," he said.

Karol John Banzon and Jason Almoragie were the alleged users caught in the operations.

Suspects will face complaints for violating Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs. (KAL/SunStar Cebu)

Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.

View Comments