Barangay Pasil, Cebu City fire now under control

Pasil fire now under control

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Pasil fire now under control

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Screenshot from Johanna Bajenting's live video

THE Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) declared the fire that hit Barangay Pasil in Cebu City as under control as of 2:54 p.m. Sunday, January 14.

Initial reports said a group of children was allegedly playing with matchsticks, which triggered the fire. Investigation is ongoing.

At least three sitios were affected (Sitios Riverside, Maharlika and Lawis) and about 300 houses were destroyed. The estimated damage to property was pegged at P3 million, reports said.

The San Roque chapel in Barangay Pasil was also razed, while a portion of Don Bosco training center was damaged.


The fire started around 12:20 p.m. and it was raised to general alarm (highest fire alarm) around 2:20 p.m.

Some residents of the village who were supposed to perform during the Sinulog sa Barangay at the Cebu City Sports Center today were not able to present due to the incident. (SunStar Philippines)

Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.

View Comments