Roque's help sought in holding Cebu Flash Report accountable for bomb scare, among others

Roque's help sought in holding Cebu Flash Report accountable for bomb scare

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Roque's help sought in holding Cebu Flash Report accountable for bomb scare

Sunday, January 14, 2018

PRESIDENTIAL Spokesman Harry Roque has assured an organization of Cebu journalists that he will talk with Philippine National Police Director General Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa about asking the Police Regional Office (PRO) 7 why it did not file criminal charges against Cebu Flash Report (CFR), a Facebook page.

Journalists also asked for Roque’s help in identifying the people behind CFR, which has lifted and failed to attribute news stories and pictures from SunStar Cebu, SuperBalita, The Freeman, Banat News, and Cebu Daily News and which has spread misinformation or fake news.

Roque was informed that PRO 7 Chief Supt. Jose Mario Espino has yet to act on a request to charge CFR for a fake bomb scare post that caused panic in Lapu-Lapu City in July 2016.

Espino had said that the police found strong evidence against CFR but he turned over the matter to Lapu-Lapu City Mayor Paz Radaza for the filing of the case.

“I will talk with dela Rosa about it,” Roque said.

Meanwhile, Roque declined to reveal what action, if any, will be taken on Espino, who was accused by a private citizen in a letter to Malacañang that he and his wife allegedly demanded P500,000 a week from Cebu gambling financiers.

Espino has denied this. “I will announce it at the proper time,” Roque said. (EOB)

Published in the SunStar Cebu newspaper on January 14, 2018.

Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.

View Comments