Dino asks Osmeña to show proof he’s behind witness | SunStar

Dino asks Osmeña to show proof he’s behind witness

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Dino asks Osmeña to show proof he’s behind witness

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

PRESIDENTIAL Assistant for the Visayas Michael Dino denied allegations made by Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña that he was behind the witness who linked the mayor to the killing of Barangay Ermita Chief Felicisimo Rupinta last November.

In an interview yesterday, Dino urged Osmeña to answer the allegations against him.

“Ayaw sige ug pasangil ug laing tawo (Stop making accusations against others), just prove that you are innocent. He has nothing to worry about kung wala gyud siya’y apil (if he really has nothing to do with it),” Dino told reporters.

Dino said that Osmeña must substantiate his allegations. He also denied that he knew the witness, identified as Rolando Pacres.

Pacres, in his first affidavit last Dec. 8, earlier claimed he was offered P200,000 by one of the suspects to kill Rupinta. He didn’t say who was supposed to give the money. In a supplemental affidavit filed last Feb. 9, Pacres quoted one of the suspects, Winefredo Miro, as saying that it was Osmeña who “approved the budget.” No first name was mentioned in the supplemental affidavit.

In an interview, Osmeña claimed that Dino and SM Holdings were behind the allegations against him. He believes that both parties were out to get him as they wanted him suspended so that Vice Mayor Edgardo Labella can take over as acting mayor. (JKV)

Published in the SunStar Cebu newspaper on February 13, 2018.

Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.

View Comments