Missing fisherman in Medellin found | SunStar

Missing fisherman in Medellin found

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Missing fisherman in Medellin found

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

CEBU CITY (Updated) -- The fisherman who went missing in the waters of Medellin town was found Tuesday afternoon as Tropical Depression “Basyang” batters Cebu province.

The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (PDRRMO) said Demecrito Booc was found onboard his fishing boat off Barangay Anapog, San Remegio town, approximately 17 kilometers south from where he was reported missing.

Booc reportedly went fishing around 11 p.m. Monday between the islands of Gibitngil and Kinatarcan in Medellin just as Basyang was looming around Cebu.

The PDRRMO said Booc was not able to return to shore after his fishing boat reportedly conked out at sea.

The state weather bureau placed Cebu under Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal Number 1 on Monday afternoon, and the province remained under the same storm warning signal as of Tuesday afternoon.

The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) has warned that sea travel remains risky over the seaboards of areas under storm warning signals, as well as the seaboards of northern Luzon and of Visayas, the eastern seaboards of Central Luzon and of Mindanao, and the eastern and southern seaboards of southern Luzon due to Basyang. (Justin K. Vestil/SunStar Cebu/SunStar Philippines)

Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.

View Comments