Ong brothers’ killer faces charges | SunStar

Ong brothers’ killer faces charges

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Ong brothers’ killer faces charges

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Indignation march. Family and friends of slain brothers Nick Benzen and Neil Bryan Ong prepared this tarpaulin used during an indignation march held over the weekend. (SunStar Foto/Allan Cuizon)

THE killer of two brothers, who both worked as seafarers, was charged on Wednesday afternoon, March 14, before the Office of the Cebu City Prosecutor.

Superintendent Ryan Devaras, the Investigation and Detective Management Branch chief, said they filed a murder complaint against the hitman, who shot Nick Benzen, 25, and Neil Bryan Ong, 28, to death in Barangay Punta Princesa last January 27.

Devaras said they are looking into the illegal transactions between the hitman and one of the brothers as the possible motive behind the killings.

The police official said they now consider the case as cleared, not solved as the culprit is still at large.

On Sunday, March 11, the brothers' family led an indignation rally. Their mother Thelma believed that love triangle was the reason behind the attack. (KAL/SunStar Cebu)

Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at and get a free seven-day trial.

View Comments