De Lima has a sex video?

-A A +A

Sunday, June 8, 2014


THE president of the Whistleblowers Association, Sandra Cam, vowed to release the alleged sex video of Justice Sectary Leila de Lima with her driver in the next session of the Commission on Appointments (CA). De Lima’s confirmation has been bypassed by the CA several times. The last time she faced the CA, she was grilled by Sen. Jinggoy Estrada, one of the senators charged with plunder in connection with the multi-billion pork barrel scam.

If Cam’s claims are true, how’s de Lima’s performance in that sex video? Imagine, with her driver? Wala na lang gyud siya nakapangita og fiscal nga under niya. Who took that video? It could be a different version of the Katrina Halili and Hayden Kho sex video or that of comedian Wally Bayola and one of Eat Bulaga’s dancers.

Admittedly, out of curiosity, I want to see that sex video to find out de Lima’s performance and to see how she reacts. Kaloud kaha no? Pagkatoytoy.

***

The Provincial Bids and Awards Committee (PBAC) is elevating the issue in the bidding of a security provider at the Capitol to the Government Procurement Policy Board (GPPB). Lawyer Orvi Ortega, chairman of the PBAC, told reporters they found inconsistencies in the records and documents submitted by Black Pearl Security Agency, the “winning bidder,” following a post-qualification assessment. GPPB is under the Department of Budget and Management (DBM). It’s up to the board to decide if PBAC followed the legal procedure, Ortega said.

Is the PBAC now washing its hands of this issue, which generated controversies after Black Pearl’s security guards hastily took over from Tactical Security Agency personnel even thought the contract was not yet awarded? Or is the PBAC playing it safe because if the GPPB reverses its decision awarding the contract to Black Pearl it will be a facing-saving measure?

If the PBAC thinks everything is aboveboard, why can’t it decide at its own level?

Why? Because its members were swayed by public opinion and suspicion that some personalities in the Capitol made money out of this transaction? We don’t care who wins the bidding as long as “legal and moral” procedures were followed.

Imagine ordering a security agency to take over sans a contact. I understand that
based on the procedure, the result of the bidding will be reviewed first by the Provincial Board (PB), which will then pass a resolution authorizing the governor to sign a contract in behalf of the Provincial Government and the winning bidder.

When they assumed office last year, Gov. Hilario Davide III and Vice Gov. Agnes Magpale refused to pay contractors and suppliers whose contracts did not pass through the PB during the time of former governor Gwendolyn Garcia, claiming these contracts were illegal. But now they are practicing it.

Ortega is now the most powerful man at the Capitol. He holds three vital positions. He is the provincial attorney, chief of staff and the PBAC chairman. Is the good governor aware of Ortega and his cohorts’ “racket” at the Capitol? I will not question Ortega’s acquisition of a new vehicle.

Maybe he can afford it. There is no doubt that Junjun is a good and honest man. But what about the people around him? Some of them are not following his “matuwid na daan” policy. The governor relieved former provincial social welfare officer Evelyn Senajon on a mere suspicion that she made money for the massive purchase of relief goods for Yolanda. There was no investigation being conducted. But now there are a lot of people in the governor’s circle who are also making money by cornering some Capitol contracts and recommending their favored suppliers. Kanya-kanyang panapi lang diha. Maayo ra ba og nabahinan ang gobernador.

By the way, how true is the information I gathered that there are thousands of tons of relief goods intended for typhoon Yolanda survivors inside the Cebu International Convention Center (CICC)? To erase any doubt that there are undistributed relief goods at the CICC, can we request the governor to open the CICC for the media to inspect?

(bobby.nalzaro@yahoo.com)

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on June 09, 2014.

Opinion

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

Today's front page

Sun.Star Cebu's front page for August 22, 2014

Other front pages

Sun.Star Jobs
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Pnoy
  • Obituary
  • Habemus Papam
  • Sinulog
  • Filipino Abroad
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • goodearth
  • Festivals
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Pacman blog
  • ePaper
  • Philippine Polls
  • Calamity Report
  • Technology
  • Sun.Star Zup!