Lack of support leads to Cebu tri’s cancellation | SunStar

Lack of support leads to Cebu tri’s cancellation

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Lack of support leads to Cebu tri’s cancellation

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

ORGANIZERS of the Cebu City Triathlon announced the cancellation of the event, which was supposed to be held on Jan. 29 at the Cebu City Sports Center.

“With the continuing budget deliberation of Cebu City and the lack of clear-cut support for the CCT3, the organizer has to regretfully announce that the race has been cancelled,” CornerStone Group, the organizer of the triathlon race, said in a statement.

CornerStone Group chairman Steve Maniquis told SunStar Cebu they learned about the development only last Monday . “(It’s) unbelievable but (we got) no support. Cebu City is still deliberating on the budget for 2017,” he said. “Without the police, Citom and other critical components, it is with due prudence that we have come to this decision. .”

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on January 11, 2017.

Latest issues of Sun.Star Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.

View Comments