IT’S been years since the last time I went for a long hike. Recently, a friend booked me in for a trip with them up the Paminhawa Ridge and obviously, I enjoyed the ride!
Paminahawa Ridge is located in Barangay Impalutao, Impasugong town in Bukidnon. It is one of the famous mountain hiking destinations in the province, ideal not only for first-timers, but also for those who long for a little soul searching.
Mountains are home indeed. It is the perfect place to contemplate and benefit from the quietude of God’s creation.
During the trip, the hikers channeled their fun through throwing “Hugot Lines” reflecting their current emotional phase in life which added to the fun we all shared while climbing the mountain.
Here are, at least, “10 HUGOT LINES” articulated most by the hikers:
1. Kaya tayo iniwan ng mga ex natin kasi may ibang tao na magmamahal sa atin ng mas todo. Kaya kapag iniwan ka, wag mo lang isipin ang lungkot, isipin mo rin you’re up for a better one.
2. Mabuti pa si Paminahawa Ridge hindi sinusukuan. Hanggang dulo pinaglalaban!
3. Ayaw pugngi imong sarili malipay kay dili sa tanang panahon alang sa kaguol (Huwag mong pigilan ang sarili mo maging masaya kasi di sa lahat ng panahon malungkot).
4. Dili sa tanan panahon naa’y isa ka tao mag love sa imo and willing mag paabot na i-love back nimo, ayaw hulata maadto siya sa lain saka pa nimo ma-realize na love na diay nimo siya. Huwag kang tanga, bro…
5. Kung mahal mo, sabihin at iparamdam mo. Ayaw ng mura nimo siya ginadulaan (Huwag yung para mo lang siyang pinaglalaroan), bai. Hindi laro-an ang feelings.
6. Mabuti pa si Paminahawa Ridge masagana, hindi tulad ng buhay kong masaklap.
7. Where do broken hearts go? Ay heto, sa Paminahawa Ridge, releasing the pain…Hoping that when my friend comes back to city wala ka na talaga sa buhay niya.
8. Dahan-dahan sa pag akyat, te, mahirap na ma-fall lalo na kung walang sasalo sayo.
9. Talk to him, ma’am, the more you express your feelings to someone, the more you will able to help yourself on the process to being free from all misgivings and pains.
10. I was able to climb again. I made it to Paminahawa Ridge. But this time, without you.
Indeed, being in the mountain can help make life better—physically, emotionally, mentally and even spiritually. It just takes courage and determination to do so.
Published in the SunStar Davao newspaper on March 09, 2018.
Latest issues of SunStar Davao also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.