Building office sues 50 more illegal settlers-A A +A
Thursday, July 5, 2012
THE City Building Office (CBO) formally filed complaints against the remaining 55 informal settlers for illegally occupying a property in Bajada, Davao City.
Records from the City Prosecution Office (CPO) showed that the CBO had already filed a violation of Section 301 (Building Permits) of Presidential Decree 1096, otherwise known as National Building Code of the Philippines against 55 people, who are reportedly workers of a construction site in Lanang.
Section 301 states that "No person, firm or corporation, including any agency or instrumentality of the government shall erect, construct, alter, repair, move, convert or demolish any building or structure or cause the same to be done without first obtaining a building permit."
The informal settlers allegedly put up illegal structures beside Blue Post Bar and Billiards along J.P Laurel Avenue in Bajada since May.
The CBO recorded a total of 124 informal settlers occupying the property, 50 of them were initially sued on June 11.
CBO chief Jaime Adalin earlier said that other 74 occupants will also be charged.
However, only 55 out of 74 occupants left would face the same complaint since the 19 other occupants are no longer in the area.
Adalin said their office already issued a notice directing the informal settlers to stop all illegal construction in the area but respondents remained defiant.
A certain Nancy Tan, owner of the property, filed a separate complaint against the informal settlers on June 11.
The cases were filed under regular filing and are still subject for preliminary investigation. (ANC)
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on July 05, 2012.