Pa faces charges for killing son-A A +A
Sunday, August 12, 2012
THE City Prosecution Office (CPO) recommended the filing of charges against a 60-year-old man for killing his son.
Roberto Reyes was charged with parricide for stabbing to death Carlos Reyes inside their residence around 5 p.m. on November 6 last year.
The CPO said the affidavits and testimonies of the witnesses are sufficient to prove that the respondent killed the victim.
In an affidavit, a witness said he saw the mother of the victim holding a piece of wood outside their house and was about to hit Carlos.
He said he pacified the two and managed to get the wood from the mother's victim.
However, the respondent came out from their residence, holding a knife.
He said Roberto went near the victim and stabbed the latter on the right side of his body.
The victim's wife, in her affidavit, said the mother of the victim asked her to forgive her father for what he did. She said she refused and decided to file a case against the respondent.
No bail is recommended for the respondent's temporary liberty. (Arianne Caryl N. Casas)
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on August 13, 2012.