City awaits word from Ad Congress board-A A +A
Friday, January 4, 2013
THE City Government of Davao is awaiting advice from the Advertising Congress (AdCon) board after the executive committee of the AdCon awarded the 2013 hosting to the city.
Jason Magnaye, city investment and promotions officer told Sun.Star Davao Friday, that the advertising board of Ad Congress 2013, the largest gathering of advertisement stakeholders in the country, is yet to advice the city on what to do next.
After the actual and final presentation of Davao City's bid to host the event in Manila early last month, the AdCon board officially awarded the hosting deal to the City Government a few days after.
Aside from the city's readiness to host the event, in terms of facilities and room capacity, one of the factors that made the AdCon board award the hosting contract to Davao is its serious appeal to help and build the Mindanao brand.
There will have to be a coordination meeting first, Magnaye said, and this is what they are waiting for, the schedule for the meeting.
Meanwhile, Art Boncato Jr., regional chief of the Department of Tourism, earlier said the board’s decision to choose Davao as the next venue for the congress is a big vote of confidence to the city’s capacity and capability in being a serious meetings, incentives, conferences and events destination.
Among the competing local government units and event complexes that bided for the same hosting contract include Baguio City, Boracay, Subic, and Camarines Sur.
The three-day congress will be held in November 2013 and is expected to gather from 3,500 to 5,000 delegates. (JOP)
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on January 05, 2013.