P600,000 reward for info on Dulay's killers-A A +A
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
KIDAPAWAN CITY -- The reward money to those who could lead to the identification and arrest of the killers of Vice Mayor Pol Dulay of Kabacan, North Cotabato increased by P400,000 as the slain local executive was laid to his final rest on Saturday, reports said.
Cotabato Governor Lala Mendoza, during the Provincial Peace and Order Council held on Saturday, said she is shelling from her own funds P200,000 to complement the P200,000 that Kabacan Mayor George Tan has initially released as cash reward.
Also, the Municipal Council of Kabacan has also approved last week the release of P200,000 as reward money.
To sum it up, the reward money amounted to P600,000.
Kabacan Police Chief Leo Ajero said the reward will help authorities identify sooner the killers and the mastermind in Dulay's murder.
Ajero said the Task Force Dulay, led by the regional headquarters of the National Bureau of Investigation and the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group, had already talked to a number of witnesses.
"In due time, they will unmask the killers of the vice-mayor. The task force is doing everything to help bring justice to the killing of Vice-Mayor Dulay," said Ajero.
On Saturday, Dulay was laid to his final resting place at Saint Jude Memorial Park in Poblacion, Kabacan.
The burial was attended by Dulay's family and immediate relatives, LGU officials, government workers, and thousands of his supporters.
The slain vice-mayor, who was a retired policeman, was given a 21-gun salute.
Dulay served as the town's chief of the Community Police Relations at the Kabacan PNP in late 80s.
When he retired from the police service in the 90s, he joined the politics and won as councilor where he served for nine years.
He ran for the vice-mayoral post and won.
He has served for two terms. He was seeking a re-election under Liberal Party when he was killed.
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on January 22, 2013.