COA starts post-audit on DSWD bunkhouses-A A +A
Monday, February 18, 2013
THE Commission on Audit (COA) in Davao Region has started its post-audit of all the documents containing the information on the construction of bunkhouses by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
In a phone interview, Belen R. de Leon, COA officer to the DSWD, said they received the documents last week.
"Second day pa ngayon kaya hindi pa masyadong nabigyan ng pansin," de Leon said Monday, adding there are other six agencies assigned to them aside from the DSWD.
She said it is their task to audit all the documents submitted to them, but she cannot comment on accusations of corruption hurled against the DSWD.
Last week, Carmela Duron, DSWD regional information officer, said all the documents for the bunkhouses were forwarded to the COA for post audit.
The submission of the public documents stemmed from allegations of overpricing of the bunkhouses, she said.
On the alleged forgery of signatures on the document for the bunkhouse in Compostela, Compostela Valley, Duron said the department will conduct its investigation on the matter.
This, after two of 12 hired construction workers denied receiving P4,200 each, saying they only got P600 and P300 for a three-day and one-day work, respectively.
The victims Remly Serot, 23, and his 50-year-old father Romulo, of Compostela town in Compostela Valley province, wanted DSWD to clarify things as they resent being used for anomalies.
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on February 19, 2013.