Fire razes lodging house-A A +A
Monday, February 25, 2013
SOME P200,000 was lost after a blaze hit a four-storey lodging house at around 11:55 a.m. Sunday on F. Iñigo Street (better known as Anda), Davao City.
The building is owned by businessman Richie F. Violan. In an initial investigation by Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) Davao Region, the fire started on the fourth floor of the lodging house.
According to inn worker Baby Mejorada, she entered Room 416 of Sunkuz Lodging Inn to turn on the electric fan because a guest was checking in, when the electric fan sparked and burst into flames. This started the fire that gutted the Violan Building.
The fire was placed under control at 1:15 p.m. No one was reported hurt in the incident. (Jeepy P. Compio)
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on February 25, 2013.