3 fires hit Davao-A A +A
Friday, March 1, 2013
THREE fires broke out in Davao City on Thursday, night before the start of the Fire Prevention Month.
The biggest fire broke out on the fourth floor of Dimdi Appliance Center along San Pedro Street, where an initial P3 million worth of property was damaged and vehicular traffic got all tangled up.
The fire started at the finance department of the appliance center as one electrical outlet burst into flames at 5:45 p.m. The fire reached second level of alert as firemen were having difficult to train their hoses up to the fourth floor.
Fire official suspect an electrical short circuit caused the fire.
At 1:45 p.m. of the same day, the second fire broke out at the Space Burger at Damosa Gateway along Mamay Road.
Based on the initial investigation conducted by Police Officer 1 (PO1) Retche Cau of Sasa Police and Senior Fire Officer 1 (SFO1) Cipriano Gonzales of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), the fire was caused by an overheated griller and a dilapidated burner.
The attendant on that day, one Jolimar Daliri Rajamuda, was grilling burger for customers when the griller burst. Rajamuda was able to fight the flame with a fire extinguisher although damage to property was pegged at P250,000.
Another fire broke out at 6 p.m. at Roseville Subdivision in Lanang.
The fire gutted the house of one Roselyn Nogaliza Laganson of Block 15 Lot 37 Roseville Phase 2.
Initial investigation by Senior Police Officer 3 (SPO3) Cesar Aaron Robles of the Buhangin Police pointed to a faulty electrical wiring at the back portion of the house.
Personnel of Buhangin Fire Station and Central 911 responded to the scene and declared fire out 30 minutes later. Damage was placed at P250,000.
No casualty was recorded in all three incidents, according to the BFP.
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on March 02, 2013.