More groups join Parada-A A +A
Friday, March 15, 2013
AT least 27 more contingents will join the Parada Dabawenyo, a civic-military parade for 76th Araw ng Dabawtoday, Saturday.
Erwin Alparaque, assistant city administrator and chair for the Parada, told Sun.Star Davao Friday that the number of participants reached 362 with 38 bands.
He said more groups are interested to join this year’s parade since it is open to anyone for free.
Last week, Alparaque said 335 groups from the national and local government, non-government organizations (NGOs), people’s organizations (POs), private companies, schools and universities and barangay units are interested to join.
But, the number ballooned in just a few days before the Araw ng Dabaw, recording a total of 362 with 14 floats.
Alparaque also said that one more drum and bugle corps wished to join the parade, totaling to 38 now.
Strict guidelines will also be implemented this year to avoid delay or cause temporary stoppage on the flow of the parade, Alparaque said.
He said throwing of any promotional and campaign materials are prohibited to avoid distraction on the flow of the parade. (Arianne Caryl N. Casas)
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on March 16, 2013.