Duterte: No comment on recent shootings in Davao City-A A +A
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
DAVAO City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte refused to comment on the recent spate of shooting incidents in the city, where the victims were reportedly involved in crimes.
Duterte, in his television program "Gikan sa Masa, Para sa Masa" on Sunday said he has no idea that there were three victims in shooting incidents last week. He added that only one victim was reported to him.
"Naa'y gipamatay na mga criminal tulo kabuok? Mangutana una ko sa police... karon pa ko nahibalo anang tulo, abi nako ug isa ra, na dungagan diay? Sa totoo lang, ginusto ninyo yan. Ginusto nila yan (So there were killings. What was reported to me was that there was only one victim, not three. But no one's to be blamed. It's their fault)," Duterte said, referring to the victims.
At least three victims were killed in separate shooting incidents on Wednesday.
The first incident happened around 5 p.m. at billiard hall in Buhangin, wherein the victim was identified as Erlito Fabian Esperancilla, 36, of sitio Sto. Nino.
Records from the Buhangin police showed that the victim was loitering inside the billiard hall when two unidentified men onboard a motorcycle arrived. One alighted from the motorcycle and suddenly shot the victim at close range several times.
The victim was reportedly involved in robbery incidents in the area.
The second shooting happened at around 6:40 p.m. in Barangay Angalan in Tugbok District, wherein victim was identified as Elizar Romagos Yungot, 34, of Sta. Cruz in Davao del Sur and transient resident of Purok 5 in Naming, Tugbok.
Personnel of the Mintal police learned through the live-in partner of the victim that the latter was involved in several illegal activities like robbery in Sta. Cruz. He was just released from Digos City Jail due to a murder case.
The third incident happened around 9:30 p.m. in Barangay 23-C, wherein the victim was identified as Allan Olamat Olazo, 31. He was gunned down at a wooden bridge in the area by unidentified man on board a motorcycle.
The victim was also reported to be involved in robbery incidents in the area.
Until now, the police have no idea as to the identity of the killers. The police are still conducting investigation on the incidents.
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on December 03, 2013.