2 Davao Customs bureau execs recalled

-A A +A

Tuesday, January 28, 2014


A FORMER official of the Bureau of Customs (BOC) in Davao clarified that no dismissal order was issued against him and former district collector for Port of Davao Datu Samson Pacasum as they were merely recalled back to their mother unit.

Former deputy collector for the Port of Davao James Dybuco, in a phone interview with Sun.Star Davao Tuesday, maintained that contrary to the reports that BOC Commissioner Joseph Sevilla issued a dismissal order, they were merely ordered to go back their mother unit by virtue of the Customs Personnel Order (CPO).

"Kung dinismiss kami, dapat may kasalanan kami. Eh ang tanong ko, may kasalanan ba kami? Wala naman kaming kasalanan so bakit kami idi-dismiss (No dismissal happened since we were just assigned back to our mother unit. If were indeed dismissed, we should have committed an offense. So I ask, did we commit an offense? We didn't commit any so why would they dismiss us)?" Dybuco said.

Advertisement

Dybuco said he and Pacasum were issued a CPO ordering them to report to the Legal Service of RCMG.

The former BOC-Davao official, however, questioned the assignment given to Pacasum who was not supposed to be assigned at the Legal Service of RCMG.

"Collector Pacasum's plantilla position is deputy collector for assessment for the Port of Davao. So I just don't know why his CPO indicated for him report at the Legal Service of RCMG when in fact, that is not his mother unit plus he is not a lawyer," Dybuco said.

In addition, the CPO was issued in accordance to Section 703 (Assignment of Officers to Other Duties) of the Tariff and Customs Code of the Philippines (TCCP).

Dybuco also insisted that they should not be held liable for the release of the rice shipments claimed by Dabawenyo businessman Joseph Mangupag Ngo who filed a writ of preliminary injunction before the sala of the Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 16.

"In fact, I prepared the hold orders for the rice shipment being claimed by Ngo and it was collector Pacasum who implemented it. But when the court granted the writ of preliminary injunction, I was already re-assigned back to the RCMG," Dybuco said.

He added that Pacasum was just following the orders of Sevilla who issued a memorandum on January 6, ordering BOC-Davao to release the rice shipments in the nine bills of lading stated in the order of the court dated December 12 last year.

Ngo, meanwhile, is still seeking for the release of the rest of the rice imports stated in the remaining six bills of lading.

Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on January 29, 2014.

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!
Marginal Lives

Today's front page

Sun.Star Davao's front page for November 22, 2014

Other front pages

Sun.Star Jobs
  • ePaper
  • Pnoy
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Festivals
  • Technology
  • Obituary
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • Calamity Report
  • Sinulog
  • Filipino Abroad
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • goodearth
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Pacman blog
  • Philippine Polls
  • Habemus Papam