2 boys hurt in Madapo Hills fire-A A +A
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
TWO boys were hurt in a fire that hit a house at Madapo Hills in Barangay 8-A, Davao City Monday evening.
Police identified the two victims as Philip Gatdula, 6, and his brother Fransen, 7. The two were sleeping when the incident happened around 9:20 p.m.
Philip sustained first degree burns on his face and second degree burns on his arms while Fransen suffered third degree burns on different parts of his body. [Know more about burn classification]
Record from the San Pedro Police Station showed that the parents of the victim, Francisco and Catherine, left their two children sleeping in the house to attend a wake in the neighborhood.
When Francisco saw that their house was on fire, he destroyed the wall to gain entry and save his children.
The two boys were brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center for medical treatment.
Responding firefighters were able to control the fire around 9:35 p.m.
Damages were estimated at P100,000.
The Bureau of Fire Protection revealed that the cause of fire was due to unattended lighted candle that fell on the foam were the two boys were sleeping.
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on February 19, 2014.