Execom sets up security plans during Araw celeb-A A +A
Friday, February 21, 2014
THE executive committee (Execom) for the Araw ng Dabaw 2014 has finally come up with security plans for the upcoming Araw ng Dabaw 2014.
Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSCC) chief Retired General Francisco Villaroman on Thursday said the safety and security aspect is one of the vital aspects that needs to be tackled for the annual festival.
Villaroman, however, refused to divulge the total number of security personnel to be deployed for the month-long celebration, specifically on the highlight events.
"We have more than enough," Villaroman said during the I-Speak Forum at the City Hall Thursday morning.
He said that aside from the local forces, the city has already requested for national support units that will augment the security personnel here.
The formal communication was already relayed to the Eastern Mindanao Command (Eastmincom) and the Police Regional Office-Davao Region (PRO 11).
Villaroman also said all the closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras in the city will be activated during the celebration.
He said the CCTV footages have, so far, helped a lot in solving crimes in the city.
He said the law enforcement unit makes use of the footages to expedite complaints like robbery, theft, road accidents, among others.
"It becomes part of their evidence," he said.
Villaroman said even private individuals, mostly foreigners, have also sought assistance from them.
"No need for court order. Gawa lang ng request para matulungan agad. Ang purpose natin marecover agad yung nawawala nila. At marami na tayong natulungan diyan," he said.
"Pumunta lang sa office namin and we will assist them," he said, adding that the request must be done immediately within three months from the time the crime was committed.
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on February 21, 2014.