Police tracking suspects in missing coke bricks

-A A +A

Wednesday, April 9, 2014


THE Davao City Police Office already has a list of the suspects believed to be holding the eight missing cocaine bricks.

DCPO chief Senior Superintendent Vicente Danao Jr. issued Wednesday anew a stern warning to those possessing them.

“As of now, we still lack eight kilos. We firmly believe that the eight kilos cocaine nasa loob pa ng Davao City. We are monitoring some individuals believed to be nasa kanila ang cocaine. Ang mga ito ay mga trabahante, eh. Alam namin nasa inyo yan, eh. Bakit ayaw niyo i-surrender yan? Huwag niyo hintayin i-entrap namin kayo,” Danao said at the sidelines of the Araw ng Kagitingan ceremony Wednesday morning.

“I am appealing to them to please surrender them immediately. Alam namin hindi kayo mga drug pusher, huwag kayo masilaw diyan sa amount niyan. Dahil ikamamatay niyo yan pag hindi kayo sumurender diyan and if you will resist arrest, sigurado ako ikamamatay niyo yan,” Danao added.

Danao also said they will implement City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte’s shoot-to-kill order that was announced last Sunday over Gikan sa Masa, Para sa Masa show.

However, he said the shoot-to-kill order will only be implemented if the suspect resist arrest.

“Pag lumaban yan, definitely, pag ako ang leader ng operation, uunahan kita,” Danao said.

Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte shows recovered cocaine bricks
DAVAO. Mayor Rodrigo Duterte shows the 51 bricks so far recovered of the least 64 bricks of high-grade cocaine (estimated to cost P5 million each) found hidden inside a refrigerated container van at the Sumifru Wharf in Tibungco. (Sun.Star Davao file photo)


The authorities first recovered 24 bricks of cocaine inside a Maersk container van around 7 p.m. of March 22.

Another 27 bricks were found on March 23, plus two more bricks found on March 25.

On April 1, a truck operator from Sumifru wharf surrendered a total of three bricks of high-grade cocaine at the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Davao Region office, bringing the total haul of recovered bricks of cocaine to 56 with eight bricks still missing.

Each brick weighs more or less one kilo.

Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte, who was the acting mayor last month, issued an executive order, creating the Task Force Cocaine and other illegal drugs to monitor the access of illegal drugs in the city.

Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on April 10, 2014.

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!
Marginal Lives

Today's front page

Sun.Star Davao front page for August 20, 2014

Other front pages

Sun.Star Jobs
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Sinulog
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • Pacman blog
  • goodearth
  • Technology
  • Filipino Abroad
  • Philippine Polls
  • Festivals
  • Pnoy
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • ePaper
  • Calamity Report
  • Habemus Papam
  • Obituary
  • tell it to sunstar