4 behind Davao City fire had left-A A +A
Friday, April 11, 2014
AUTHORITIES here could no longer trace the four people who were allegedly having a pot session before the fire hit the three barangays in Davao City, Mayor Rodrigo Duterte said.
Duterte said they were able to identify the four, but these people had already left the city.
Davao City Police Office Senior Superintendent Vicente Danao earlier said a lighted candle that was thrown at a trash bin ignited the fire that massively destroyed houses and buildings in Barangays 23-C, 22-C, and 21-C Poblacion.
Danao said the pot session was done inside the house of alyas Batchong.
"There was a pot session. Droga. Yung kandila na ginagamit natapon sa isang basurahan. Eh, syempre kasi bangag na, hindi na napansin. Nung napansin na, ayun tumakbo na. Ang laki ng pinsala na ginawa," he said.
"Kaya sana yun ikontrol eh kung hindi tumakbo. Kaya kung makikita ninyo yung epekto ng drugs na yan. Maliit lang sana yung sunog eh, pero tinakbuhan nila yung bahay na nasusunog kaya ayun," he added. (ANC)
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on April 12, 2014.