Carnap raps vs TF Davao member

-A A +A

Wednesday, July 9, 2014


A MEMBER of the Task Force Davao (TFD), who stands accused in a shooting and carnapping incident last week in Catalunan Grande in Davao City, is facing dismissal from the service.

TFD commander Colonel Macairog Alberto said charges have already been filed against Floriano Dandoy Cuizon, alias Floc, 30, a Special Cafgu Active Auxiliary (SCAA) of the TFD, who is assigned in Barangay Lacson in Calinan, after he was pointed to as the one who shot the 22-year-old victim Din Mark Jhone Campos Sios-e, and took the motorcycle at Sitio San Pedro in Catalunan Grande on July 4.

Alberto said Cuizon will be dismissed if the investigating bodies found him guilty of the crime. He added that personnel of the Talomo Police Station are still conducting a thorough investigation on the incident, as to whether he committed the crime.

Advertisement

Further investigation of the Talomo Police Station revealed that Cuizon together with James Furog, alias Entol, a SCAA, and Jonathan Villanueva Furog, of the Mobile Police Group (MPG), went to the station at 4 p.m. Monday, with Barangay Captain Hilario Malaki II of Matina Biao, to ask his involvement on the case.

The Furogs' cousin Julius Villanueva Mulit was tagged as among the suspects in the carnapping incident. However, the witness Anthony, who was at the station on the same date, positively identified Cuizon as the one who hired the victim in front of the Mintal Post Office on July 4 around 9 p.m.

Talomo police commander Chief Inspector Alfredo Santillana said to further confirm the claimed of the witness, with the barangay officials he went to Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC), where the victim was confined, to clear the accusation.

Since the victim could not talk due to several gunshot wounds he sustained, the authorities showed the picture of the accused to him, which the latter positively identified the suspect as the "very person who hired and asked him" to deliver the accused at Sitio San Pedro, and shot him, thus Cuizon was arrested.

The other suspect who was with Cuizon, and was seated at the rear end portion of the motorcycle, was also identified by the victim as Julius Mulit upon showing the cartographic sketch. The testimony was of the victim was done in front of the barangay officials and Sios-e Family.

Alberto, said the unit is willing to coordinate with the police authorities for investigation. He added that other Scaas assigned in Baragangy Lacson are even willing to testify that Cuizon was with them when the incident happened on July 4 in Catalunan Grande.

"Kung mapatunayan na may kasalan siya, of course, he will be automatically dismissed from the service. Pero sa ngayon wala pa namang proof na nagsasabi na siya nga ang nasa likod ng crime incident," Alberto said.

Cuizon is charged with violation of the Republic Act 6539 or the Anti-Carnapping Act of 1972 with frustrated homicide.

As revealed in the complaint sheet, the investigation of Police Officer 3 (PO3) Arnel Iriarte, PO2 Edrus Sampawan and PO1 Peterson Amaguen of the Talomo police said they were approached by Purok San Miguel leader Noli Etil informing them that he saw the victim lying bloodied beside the road before he was taken to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC).

Investigators also cited in their report that since the victim was still unconscious, they were only able to talk to the younger brother of the victim, Raymart, who told the police officers that the victim's black and red Raider J110 motorcycle with temporary plate number was also stolen.

It was three days later when Cuizon along with two other SCAAs identified as James and Jonathan Furog appeared before Barangay Matina Biao chief Hilario Malaki III to verify why their cousin identified as Julius Villanueva Mulit was tagged in the incident.

They were referred to the Talomo police where a witness identified as Anthony Balangue told investigators that it was Cuizon whom he saw hiring Sios-e at the habal-habal terminal in Mintal before the incident happened.

Not contended with Balangue's testimony, the investigators took the picture of Cuizon and showed it to the victim who was still being treated at the Intensive Care Unit of SPMC. The victim then confirmed that it was Cuizon who shot him while they were at Catalunan Grande.

Cops also showed the cartographic sketch of Mulit to the victim and the latter affirmed that Mulit also rode his motorcycle along with Cuizon.
Cuizon is currently detained at the Talomo police station while his case is being resolved by fiscal Stella Esparagoza-Camino of the Davao City Prosecution Office.

Police are also hunting down Mulit who was also tagged in a carnapping with homicide incident in Matina Pangi last June 30.

Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on July 10, 2014.

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!
Marginal Lives

Today's front page

Sun.Star Davao's front page for September 20, 2014

Other front pages

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Habemus Papam
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Technology
  • Filipino Abroad
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Obituary
  • goodearth
  • Calamity Report
  • Pacman blog
  • Sinulog
  • Philippine Polls
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • ePaper
  • Pnoy
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Festivals