Man sued for abducting girlfriend-A A +A
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
THE National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)-Davao filed charges on Monday before the Davao City Prosecution Office against a 20-year-old man who allegedly abducted his girlfriend for almost three days last week.
Daniel Lugang is facing charges for violation of Article 343 (consented abduction) of the Revised Penal Code and the Republic Act 7610 or the Special Protection of Children Against Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination Act.
He was charged following the rescue of the victim only identified as alias Kim last Friday.
It was earlier revealed that the victim called his father informing him that she was abducted by unidentified men in a van while walking along Candelaria St. in Ecoland on August 6.
The father of the victim then reported to Talomo police and was endorsed to NBI-Davao.
NBI-Davao, who utilized a state-of-the-art tracking device, located the victim at Lugang's rented room in Km. 12, Barangay Tibungco on Friday.
Lugang insisted that he did not kidnap Kim as the latter told him that she wants to stay with him. He added that he was not aware that Kim told her father that she was being kidnapped.
The roommate of Lugang, meanwhile, attested that the victim chose to stay at their rented room.
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on August 13, 2014.