Launching of Asean Summit 2017 peaceful | SunStar

Launching of Asean Summit 2017 peaceful

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Launching of Asean Summit 2017 peaceful

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

THE Joint Task Force Haribon (JTFH) on Monday said the observance of the Association of the Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) Summit 2017 held in Davao City on January 15, Sunday, was successful.

JTFH commander Brigadier General Gilbert Gapay said their initial assessment over the launching of the Philippines’ Chairmanship of the Asean 2017 in Davao City was a resounding success and it was generally peaceful.

"Our security preparations indeed paid off. We have achieved Task Group Site Davao's goal of zero incidents. It was a good venue in showcasing the city as safe and secure place for all tourists and guests," Gapay said.

The task force Haribon of the Eastern Mindanao Command (Eastmincom) has deployed around 2,000 armed forces to support the members of the Philippine National Police in providing security for Davao City during the course of the event.

Eastmincom public information officer Major Ezra Balagtey earlier said that the forces deployed comprise of troops and equipment coming from air force, navy and army, including medical and quick reaction forces.

Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on January 17, 2017.

Latest issues of SunStar Davao also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments