THE City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) are open for suggestions from the residents on the implementation of the experimental truck ban in Davao City.
CTTMO Head retired Senior Superintendent Dionesio Abude in an interview said a store owner reported how the vehicles are queuing because of the truck ban and had been blocking the front of her shop.
“We accept the comment because basically, the reason why we conducted the experimental truck ban is check the comments of the community about it,” Abude said.
He said they are always monitoring the effects of the ban to the commuters and if this ban will help them reach their destinations on time.
Abude said they need to see if the complaint will impact the decision whether there is a need to halt the implementation of the experimental truck ban.
The ban started from March 1 and will last until May 21 in three focus areas, Catalunan Pequeno, Toril, Bunawan Davao City.
Abude said he issued an order through a memorandum that traffic personnel must monitor the area in the morning and afternoon.
He noted that many operators are now asking the requirements for the experimental truck ban.
“Maayo ang feedback, kay daghan na naga-adto sa amoa kay mangayo og requirements para sa exemption (There is good feedback because a lot are now asking the requirements for the exemption),” Abude said.
He said exempted from the ban were those carrying perishable goods, garbage, and fuel.
Trucks that are involved in government projects are also included.
Operators who seek to be exempted from the ban must seek permission from the CTTMO and must pay a fee at the City Treasurer’s Office. (KVC)
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on March 20, 2017.
Latest issues of SunStar Davao also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.