Kin of slain rebels claim bodies | SunStar

Kin of slain rebels claim bodies

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Kin of slain rebels claim bodies

Monday, July 17, 2017

FAMILIES of the killed New People's Army members in Laak, Compostela Valley Province, last week, claimed the remains of their kin with the help of military, police, and the local government.

The 60th Infantry Battalion Mediator Amadeuz Celestial, in a statement released Sunday, July 16, bared that seven of the eight cadavers were already identified by the police as well as their relatives who could claim them.

Eight bodies of killed NPA rebels were recovered by the joint elements of 25th Infantry Battalion and 60th Infantry Battalion after their encounter with the NPA on Wednesday morning, July 12. One soldier was also killed during the incident.

Celestial said Laak Mayor Antonio Libuangan said all government aid and services are has been received by the families of victims.

The local government unit (LGU) coordinated with the Provincial Government and Congressman Roel Peter Gonzaga’s Office to assist.

The LGU also shouldered the funeral expenses of the four who are from Laak, Compostela Valley Province. Those from other municipalities were turned over to their respective LGUs for the same assistance.

Celestial added that as per police records and procedure, it has been found out that at least two of the killed NPAs were involved in murder and most are already on the government’s intelligence watch list. (KVC)

Published in the SunStar Davao newspaper on July 17, 2017.

Latest issues of SunStar Davao also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments