Army chief tells rebels to surrender | SunStar

Army chief tells rebels to surrender

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Army chief tells rebels to surrender

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

ARMED Forces of the Philippines (AFP) chief-of-staff General Eduardo Año told the members of the New People's Army (NPA) to surrender.

Año said in an interview after the command conference with top officers of the Eastern Mindanao Command (Eastmincom) last Saturday, August 5, that government troops will remain relentless in going after the communist group to prevent them from undertaking atrocities, thus, he said that they must surrender.

"Kaya sa mga NPA na nandito sa Eastmincom (To those who are in Eastmincom), this is the time to surrender. There are so many programs awaiting for you. Kalimutan niyo na ang armadong pakikibaka. Wala kayong papupuntahan diyan-only death (Forget your armed struggle. It will lead you to death)," Año said.

The government will also provide financial and livelihood assistance and at the same time remunerations if they will bring with them their firearms.

"With our Eastmincom, we will continue the offensives against the CPP-NPA and you will be surprise that there will be victories to come, there will be more surrenderees," he said.

With the all-out war declared against the NPA, several successful operations have been conducted by several units of the Eastmincom.

Año lauded the troops for being able to intercept their planned attacks against communities.

Published in the SunStar Davao newspaper on August 09, 2017.

Latest issues of SunStar Davao also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments