Davao night market bombing commemoration set | SunStar

Davao night market bombing commemoration set

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Davao night market bombing commemoration set

Monday, August 14, 2017

THE Davao City Government is set to hold a simple and brief ceremony in commemoration of the September 1, 2016 Roxas night market bombing.

This was revealed by City Mayor's Office Chief of Staff Raul Nadela last Friday, August 11, after the distribution of the livelihood financial aid for the selected beneficiaries/victims of the blast.

Nadela said the ceremony will be brief to give way to the families of those 15 killed who will also conduct their own separate commemorative activities.

As of the record, 46 of the recent recipients of the livelihood assistance was from Davao City, and these include immediate families of those who died and injured.

During the brief program last Friday, family members of the victims gave thanks to the support of the City Government within eleven months after the incident.

"The incident was painful to us but our president Rodrigo Duterte, City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio, all the local agencies, and all who helped us did not abandon us. We witnessed their sincerity to all the victims including their help," said Johanna Reyes during the ceremony.

Father of killed police officer Jay Adremisin, Herman Adremesin also said that they have received allowance and burial assistance from the City Government.

A total of 68 beneficiaries attended the distribution. Some immediately went home after the event.

They all received P50,000 each, which costs a total of P3.4 million.

The amount was sourced from the trust fund from a bank account opened by the City Government for donations of the blast victims.

Published in the SunStar Davao newspaper on August 14, 2017.

Latest issues of SunStar Davao also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments