Kean Hotline files 6 child abuse cases | SunStar

Kean Hotline files 6 child abuse cases

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Kean Hotline files 6 child abuse cases

Friday, October 06, 2017

THE Kean Gabriel Hotline has already filed six cases for child abuse before the court since it started operating barely a year ago.

Davao City Social Services and Development Office Quick Response Team of Children's Concern head Juenalyn Pablo, during the I-Speak media forum Thursday, October 5, said they filed cases against relatives and parents of the children victims.

"Lately, we filed a case to a couple, and five children were pulled out from them because of neglect," she said.

She said the family has 11 children, some were found to be severely malnourished and were referred to a non-government organization catering malnourished children while others are staying with their relatives and one is staying in a separate institution.

Pablo said the parents of the five children are currently detained at Santa Ana Police Station.

She said they recorded a total of 46 child abuse complaints from October to December 2016, and a total of 291 cases from January to September 2017.

Pablo added that the highest number of cases fall into physical abuse while others fall into sexual abuse, neglect, and child custody.

Barangay 76-A Bucana also recorded the highest number of complaints for child abuse.

Pablo said they usually rescue abused children from families who are financially poor, those who have existing marital conflicts, and also broken families.

She also requested the public to be sincere in calling their hotline number as they recorded a total of 2,932 prank calls last August.

Published in the SunStar Davao newspaper on October 06, 2017.

Latest issues of SunStar Davao also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments