City to host nat'l bowling tourney for second year in a row-A A +A
Monday, April 7, 2014
DAVAO CITY Government will host the 37th Federation of Duckpin Bowlers of the Philippines (FEDBOP) Annual Grand National Convention and Bowling Championship Tournament for the second consecutive year on May 5 to 10 at Dover Mega Lanes.
In a text message sent to Sun.Star Davao, Fedbop’s Emie Orteza said that the event is part of the Davao City Summer Sports Festival under the Comprehensive Sports Development Program or Duterte Game Plan.
Orteza said that this is the first time in years that a record number of bowling teams will participate in the tournament.
“This will be open to all duckpin bowlers in the country having lifted all the restrictions imposed on players who have played previously on Philippine Duckpin Bowling Council (PDBC) sanctioned tournament,” he said.
He said that the tournament will give more emphasis to the youth. “There will be different age categories: 7-9, 10-12, 13-14, 15-16 and 17-18 for both boys and girls.”
A total of over P500,000 in cash prizes, trophies and medals are at stake in the event hosted by the Davao City Bowlers Association headed by Jerson Tamayo in cooperation with the City Government of Davao through the Sports Development Division of the City Mayor’s Office. (MDC)
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on April 07, 2014.