4Ps beneficiaries get livelihood projects-A A +A
Thursday, August 29, 2013
A TOTAL of 9,727 beneficiaries of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) in Western Visayas have availed of livelihood projects, said a social worker.
Mary Ann Masculino, of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) in the region, said the department has provided seeds capital to 3,373 beneficiaries with 1,876 undergoing Basic Business Management Training preparatory.
The following agencies, local government units (LGUs) and organizations include:
1. Department of Agriculture for the implementation of cash for work project for 1, 161 beneficiaries
2. Department of Public Works and Highways for the implementation of the Trabahong Lansangan for 525 beneficiaries
3. LGU of San Remigio, Antique for banana and root crop processing for 670 beneficiaries
4. Department of Science and Technology (DOST) in partnership with Office of Provincial Agriculturist for banana chips making, ginger-making, coco sugar and vinegar production, instant salabat making for 732 beneficiaries
5. Department of Trade and Industry for fruits and vegetables processing, accessories and jewelries making and basic entrepreneurship training for 51 beneficiaries
6. Department of Environment and Natural Resources for employment facilitation under its National Greening Program for 37 beneficiaries
7. Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) for technical skills training such as simple bookkeeping and marketing for 32 beneficiaries
8. Technical Education Skills Development Authority for massage therapy training for 11 beneficiaries
9. LGU of Laua-an, Antique and its Municipal Agriculture Office for vegetable production and sloping agricultural land for 1,339 beneficiaries
10. LGU of Barbaza, Antique for technological skills training for 836 beneficiaries
11. LGU of Valderama, Antique for employment facilitation under the Watershed Management and Agro Forestry Development Project Management and Agro Forestry Development project for 23 beneficiaries and for technological training on upland development on banana production for 42 beneficiaries
12. Barbaza Multi-Purpose Cooperative for credit, savings, micro insurance provision for 24 beneficiaries
13. Bugasong Multi-Purpose Cooperative in credit, savings, micro insurance provision for 34 beneficiaries
14. Ahon sa Hirap Inc.-Antique for credit, savings, micro insurance provision for 108 beneficiaries
15. Taytay sa Kauswagan for credit, savings, micro insurance provision for 26 beneficiaries
16. Center for Community Transformation for credit, savings, micro-insurance provision for 17 beneficiaries
17. BPI Globe Banko Negros for values formation, credit facilitation for 403 beneficiaries
18. SM Foundation for farmers training on Kabalikat sa Kabuhayan focusing on organic farming for 46 beneficiaries.