5 Iloilo properties open for investment-A A +A
Friday, March 14, 2014
THE Iloilo City Government is inviting businessmen to invest in the development of various lots and properties owned by the city in different areas as a public private partnership venture.
Mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog said the offer is open to those interested to invest in the city, as Iloilo is currently experiencing an economic boom with the entry of several business locators.
The properties open for development are:
* City landfill facility in Barangay Calajunan, Mandurriao district with a 231,329 square meters lot ideal for a waste to energy project, materials recovery facility and recycling facility
* Barangay San Pedro’s 63,904 square meters lot ideal for a government center or a business and commercial complex, as it is bounded by a major thoroughfare in front and the scenic Iloilo River Esplanade II at the back
* City Engineer’s Motorpool lot (7,982 square meters) located at Molo district and the city proper suited for a commercial complex and near a hospital, several hotels, condominium, apartments and a university
* Old Molo Slaughterhouse lot (3,883 square meters) ideal for a cruise terminal at the Iloilo River
* 510,000 square meters foreshore property along Barangay Hinactacan and Ingore in La Paz district, which is ideal for an industrial park, manufacturing complex, container terminal or a cable car terminal as it is beside the Iloilo City international container port.
Mabilog said the City is providing assistance to the investors, including the grant of incentives as contained in the Local Investment Incentives Code, facilitation of business permits and licenses from City Hall, financial and technical assistance programs of the government, service connections with local utilities, and provision of other services as recommended by the investment incentives board.