Hoax bomb threat hits Roxas City's hall of justice | SunStar

Hoax bomb threat hits Roxas City's hall of justice

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Hoax bomb threat hits Roxas City's hall of justice

Friday, June 23, 2017

THE Hall of Justice in Roxas City received a bomb threat on Friday morning, June 23, which turned out to be a hoax, the Roxas City Police Office (RCPO) chief said.

RCPO Chief Luther Lugo III said a male administrative aide of the hall of justice received an anonymous call around 7 a.m. informing him of a bomb inside the building. The caller said the bomb would explode at 9 a.m.

After reporting the incident to the police, Lugo said policemen together with the Philippine Army, Philippine Coast Guard and Bureau of Fire Protection were dispatched to check the veracity of the report. The Coast Guard personnel also brought with them a bomb-sniffing K9.

However, no bomb was found after a thorough search and clearing operations inside the building.

Lugo said the building was cleared from any bomb around 10 a.m.

The bomb threat caused panic among the employees and the public, Lugo said.

"They all went outside the building," he added.

Lugo said the employees and the people completing their transactions inside the hall immediately returned inside after the building was cleared of any explosive.

Lugo said this was not the first time that institutions at Roxas City received a hoax bomb threat. He added that the Roxas City Hall and the Filamer Christian University were also victims of hoax bomb threat before.

The RCPO advised the public, especially the government employees and private workers, to immediately report any call from anyone informing them of a bomb threat for immediate response. (PNA)


View Comments