Derek upset over ABS-CBN promo ban-A A +A
Friday, October 19, 2012
ACTOR Derek Ramsay finally broke his silence on ABS-CBN's policy disallowing its talents from mentioning his name in the promotion of the latest Viva Films movie "A Secret Affair."
The film is co-starred by Derek and ABS-CBN talents Anne Curtis and Andi Eigenmann.
Anne recently confirmed that she is banned from mentioning the name of Derek in the promotion of their latest movie on any shows of her mother network.
The actor was also edited out from the movie posters and trailer aired on the said station.
Upon hearing this news, Derek said he tried to confirm it from the people whom he believes are knowledgeable on the issue.
"I was not angry but it was kind of upsetting. I have to respect their decision. Nanggaling ako sa ABS-CBN and malaki ang nagawa nila para sa akin. Most definitely hindi ako magiging Derek Ramsay kung wala sila," he said.
Many believe that ABS-CBN's ban is a consequence of Derek's transfer to TV5 earlier this year.
"I still look at them (ABS-CBN) as family. I have a lot of respect for them. The decision I made, it's not like iniwan ko sila," he said.
"Eight months of negotiation. I followed all the rules. That hurts because I followed everything with regard to etiquette and respect. I sat down with the heads of ABS-CBN many times," he added.
Derek said he doesn't want use the issue to promote the film. "I want it to speak for itself because we all worked so hard," he said.
"Nahihiya ako kay Anne, kay Andi, kay direk Noel (Naval) kasi they are all working in ABS-CBN. And for them to be included sa wala naman silang kinalaman, nahihiya naman ako," he added.
"A Secret Affair" will be shown in cinemas nationwide starting October 24. (Sunnex)