Sharon on friendship with Jinggoy: Ayokong i-past tense-A A +A
Thursday, October 3, 2013
MEGASTAR Sharon Cuneta was hurt by the recent allegations made by Senator Jinggoy Estrada against her husband, former senator Francis "Kiko" Pangilinan.
Last week, Jinggoy alleged that the former senator and three others benefited from their pork barrel fund. Sharon immediately defended Kiko on micro-blogging site Twitter.
"Sorry hindi kami magnanakaw," she posted.
Aside from a series of tweets, Sharon offered P10 million to anyone who has proof that her husband is stealing money from the government, adding that she will leave her husband if the allegation will be proven.
In an interview with Sharon on Wednesday evening at TV5 Trade Launch held at NBC Tent in Taguig City, Sharon said she was surprised by Jinggoy's move. She did not hide the fact that she was hurt by the allegations because Jinggoy is very close to her family.
"Bong (Revilla) is a friend but Jinggoy is a closer friend. Ayokong i-past tense pero nagulat ako kasi mahal ko siya. Hindi ito show biz. Siguro kung wala siyang halaga sa akin, siguro hindi ako nag-react," she said.
The actress also explained that she tweeted because her husband was being attacked on the media.
"Nagiging protective lang ako masyado. Okay lang na sabihin ninyo na politiko, pero 'yung ang taas ng tingin ng mga anak ko sa kaniya, even his students in Ateneo. Laging nauuna na meron kang moral high ground lagi. Masakit sa akin 'yun kasi tatay ng mga anak ko yun," Sharon said.
Sharon disclosed she has yet to speak to Jinggoy and she wanted to keep her distance from the controversy. She also said that the issue is who misused the public's fund.
"There's so much I want to say but Kiko said let's not allow people to be distracted from the real issues. It's so easy to answer everything after. Ang tanong hindi sino ang binigyan ng PDAF, ang tanong kundi saan napunta yung PDAF," said Sharon.
The actress added, "That's all part of politics. Lahat naman tayo we just want the truth to come out at maparusahan 'yung dapat kasi ibang usapan yung P10 billion and I still stand by my word, na ang asawa ko ay never nagnakaw."
The Kapatid star said they live comfortably not because they steal money from other pockets, but they work hard to earn a decent living.
Sharon even shared that there's a running joke in their family since 2001 that when someone investigates their assets and liabilities, they'll discover not ill-gotten wealth but debts.
"Sabi nga ni Kiko, 'yung ibang tao pag ininbistegahan, may unexplained wealth. Sana mag-examine sila pero 'yung sa akin kahiya-hiya, kasi unexplained poverty," Sharon said.
"Okay na kami. We don't need (the money). Kung merong maarte sa lifestyle, ako 'yun. Pero we work hard for it. We work for what we want. Never kaming naghingi," added the actress.
Meanwhile, Sharon said she does not read comments of her bashers especially on this pork barrel scam issue. She also said that reading those comments is not worth her time and energy.
"May hobbies na akong iba, dapat meron na din sila. It doesn't matter to me. I don't read them anymore since I went back to Twitter. Because I figured why am I giving energy to what they are saying. The people that matter to me are those who follow me because they like to be inspire, to have fun, to laugh. That's all part of show business. Mas maganda na sinisiraan ka, kesa ikaw ang maninira," said Sharon.
When asked if there's a possibility for her to join politics in the future, Sharon immediately shrugged off the idea. "I don't need to be in office to give my two cents. Kaya kong gumalaw ng hindi ako naga-announce." (Sunnex)