Deniece Cornejo: I'm innocent, I'm the victim-A A +A
Monday, January 27, 2014
"KUNG may biktima at inosente dito, walang nang iba kundi ako."
These are the words of 22-year-old model Deniece Millet Cornejo, the woman in the middle of the alleged mauling of television host Vhong Navarro in Taguig City last January 22.
Cornejo's short statement was aired on GMA News TV's afternoon program "Balitanghali". It reads: "If you want justice, I will give you the real justice. In the field of women's right. The right will always be right."
"Mataas ang paghanga ko sa mga lalaki na marunong rumespeto at ipagtanggol ang mga kababaihan. Kung may biktima at innocente dito, walang nang iba kundi ako," she said.
The 22-year-old model is said to be the "friend" whom Navarro visited last week. Things turned nasty when the television host was attacked by six to seven men. He identified one of the men as Cedric Lee.
Navarro claimed that after he was beaten up, he was brought to a police station wherein he was forced to sign a blotter report stating he attempted to rape Cornejo.
In a "Buzz ng Bayan" interview on Sunday, Vhong denied committing the crime and said the group of men demanded P1 million, threatened to kill him and harm his family, including his sons.
"Hindi ako rapist. Hindi po ako nagdra-drugs. Matino po akong tao. May takot ako sa Diyos at sa mga magulang ko," he said.
Navarro already said that he will file charges against his attackers. (Sunnex)