Nora Aunor moves on after latest controversy-A A +A
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
SUPERSTAR Nora Aunor moves on from the latest National Artists controversy and thanked the Filipino people who rallied for her.
The seasoned actress said she is overwhelmed by the love and support she received from the public and reiterated that it will not stop her from creating quality projects for the Philippine television and movie industry.
"Nakakataba ng puso. Hindi ko alam kung papaano ipapaliwanag yung katuwaan at kasiyahan na dulot dahil sa kanila," she said Wednesday during the press launch of the 10th Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival.
"Maraming-maraming salamat sa lahat ng mga kababayan natin, tuwang-tuwa ako sa mga nagtitiwala at naniniwala sa larangan ng pag-arte," she added.
As for her exclusion from the coveted National Artist list and President Benigno Aquino's statement that she was not given the title because she was convicted for illegal drugs, Aunor said she had already said her piece.
"May statement na po ako nasabi kaya hanggang doon na lang iyon," she said. "Hindi naman pwedeng maging hadlang iyon para huminto ako sa aking pagtatrabaho di ba? Patuloy pa rin tayo. Sa trabaho naman tayo."
Aunor will return to the big screen via "Hustisya," a Joel Lamangan film, which is included in the Directors Showcase category in the annual film festival.
She said she is happy to work with Lamangan and writer Ricky Lee again.
"Ito ulit ang muli naming pagsasama namin ni direk Joel and kuya Ricky. Maraming eksena na mahirap dito na dapat pagtuunan ng pansin. Lahat naman ng pelikula ng ginagawa ko talagang karamihan nangyayari sa lipunan. Pero ito ay ginawa talaga ni Kuya Ricky," she added.
Cinemalaya will run from August 1 to 10, 2014. (Sunnex)