Joseph Marco denies getting favors from network exec

-A A +A

Thursday, July 10, 2014


ACTOR Joseph Marco denied speculations that a top network executive supports his showbiz career, saying he worked hard for his place in the industry.

In an interview with the actor at the "Pure Love" grand press launch, the 25-year-old actor clarified that he also had his fair share of difficulties in the business.

Joseph Marco
Joseph Marco

After doing "Sabel" in 2010, he was not given a regular show; he only did several TV guestings, and appeared on a number of "Maalaala Mo Kaya" (MMK) episodes.

Advertisement

According to Marco, his training in MMK helped him in the future, especially when he did "Princess and I" in 2012, "Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala" and "Honesto" last year and his newest program "Pure Love" with Arjo Atayde and Alex Gonzaga.

"After nung 'Sabel,' natenga ako for one year and ang ginagawa ko ay puro guestings lang. After doing several MMK siguro, nag-improve ako in a way. Kaya nung nagkaroon ako ng break dun sa 'Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala,' ginalingan ko talaga and nabigyan ako ng 'Honesto," the actor said.

He clarified that no TV executive is giving him favors over other actors in the industry and he did work hard to get the part in all his projects.

"I have self respect and kapag ginawa ko yun (get help from TV executives), what's the point of working hard. Kung ganun lang din naman, wag ka na mag seryoso sa work at umasa ka na lang doon. Mawawala yung essence of working hard dahil for free na lang lahat," he said.

"It's okay kahit anong sabihin nila, kahit maya maya or araw araw ay may magsabi sa akin. It's fine with me, I don't care at all. I wouldn't waste time," he added.

He said he is not offended by these rumors because he knows the truth and intrigues as if these are all just part of the entertainment industry.

"Kahit saan naman talaga, hindi lang sa showbiz, sa lahat ng business there's going to be a politics and may mga ganung pag-uusapan. It's normal kaya tinawanan ko lang siya. When you know it to yourself na wala naman talaga, tatawanan mo lang siya. It's not worth of your time. There's nothing to prove," he added.

Right now, his focus remains on "Pure Love," the remake of the hit Korean drama "49 Days".

"This is way, way harder. My role here is so simple yet so complicated. Kailangan kong maipakita sa tao na totoong totoo yung character ko. It has to be felt," the actor said.

Marco said he's happy with how his career is moving forward and would like to show more what he can do on both television and movies.

"I want to focus on being known as a dramatic actor, yun ang gusto kong tahakin kaya naman I'm giving my all," he ended.

"Pure Love" airs weekdays on ABS-CBN. (Sunnex)

Entertainment

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!
Sun.Star Jobs
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Calamity Report
  • ePaper
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Habemus Papam
  • Filipino Abroad
  • Technology
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • Philippine Polls
  • Festivals
  • Obituary
  • Sinulog
  • Pnoy
  • Pacman blog
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • goodearth