Vhong Navarro happy over dismissal of Deniece Cornejo’s 2nd rape case-A A +A
Saturday, July 19, 2014
TV Host-actor Vhong Navarro is jubilant over the dismissal of the second rape complaint filed against him by model-stylist Deniece Cornejo at the Taguig City Prosecutor's Office.
"Naniniwala ako sa justice natin and at the same time nananalig ako sa Panginoon. Masarap sa pakiramdam kasi alam mo na iyong bagay na iyon hindi mo nagawa. Masaya din dahil nanaig pa rin ang justice," he said.
Earlier this week, the prosecutors denied Cornejo's complaint after it appeared in its investigation that Navarro had returned to her condominium unit four days after the initial date she claimed she was raped by the "It's Showtime" host.
"If indeed the complainant was raped on January 17 or 18, 2014; why did she allow herself to be raped again on January 22, 2014? There is no sign of struggle, no physical injuries. Complainant's narration of the actual act of rape is incredible," the resolution said.
Navarro refrained from giving his comment on the recent incident where Cornejo reportedly slashed her wrist, a day after the Taguig prosecutor's office junked the first rape complaint she filed against the actor.
"Siguro wala akong magiging reaction doon, wala akong masasabi doon," he said.
Navarro said he is still recovering from the trauma he experienced after the January 22 mauling incident in the Taguig City condominium.
"Hindi ko masabing moved on kasi yung case ko ongoing pa rin. Basta lahat ay pinapasa-Diyos ko lang lahat," he said.
Navarro received the Male TV Host of the Year trophy at the Yahoo! Celebrity Awards 2014 held Friday night at the Mall of Asia Arena.
He said he is thankful for the recognition and continued support of the fans, especially when he went through several controversies this year.
"Napakasarap tanggapin lalo na sa pinagdadaanan ko sa buhay, napakahirap, maghost pa lang," he said. "Mahirap na mag pretend na masaya ka pero isa ito sa naging maganda na nangyari sa akin kasi kahit papano nalilimutan ko yung mga pinagdadaanan sa buhay ko. Yung madlang pipol ang nagbibigay lakas loob sa akin para ibigay yung best ko bilang host."
He said that he also had fears that the fans will not accept him in the business after he was accused of raping Cornejo and two other women. But he said the incident involving him, Cornejo and businessman Cedric Lee never gave him thoughts of giving up his career in the show business.
"Siguro nung mga panahon na nakalabas ako ng ospital, hindi ko alam kung paano ako magsisimula kasi nung bumalik ako sa shooting ko (ng 'The Possesed'), halos one month din, so medyo mahirap iyon kasi feeling ko naguumpisa ako," he said.
"Lahat pinapasa-Diyos ko. Siya ang nagbibigay sa akin kung saan ako pupunta. Sinusunod ko lang kung ano yung pwede pang mangyari sa akin, basta pinagdadasal ko lang," he added. (Sunnex)