GMA-7 says Aljur Abrenica’s complaint ‘very unfortunate’-A A +A
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
GMA NETWORK Inc. said actor Aljur Abrenica's decision to file a recession of his contract, which expires in 2017, was "very unfortunate".
Angela Javier-Cruz, AVP for Corporate Communications, said the network has already received the petition filed by Abrenica last July 24 at the Quezon City hall of justice and their lawyers will review the petition.
The station said they consider the incident "very unfortunate" as GMA-7 has greatly invested on Abrenica, who entered show business via the station's reality talent search "StarStruck" in 2007.
GMA reiterated that their Artist Center has done its duties to represent the actor and has given him projects, some of which were lead roles in the network's primetime shows.
It added that the network and GMA Artist Center have arranged major endorsements and corporate partnerships for Abrenica.
"GMA Artist Center has not been remiss in its duties as his manager practicing a consultative style of management with Aljur. With his best interest in mind, this practice has accorded him every opportunity to personally assess all offers to reach a mutual agreement," GMA said.
"Since then ("StarStruck"), he has been given numerous projects including Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin?, All My Life, The Last Prince, Machete, Coffee Prince, Prinsesa ng Buhay Ko and Kambal Sirena," the network said.
Earlier, Abrenica is asking GMA to release him from his existing guaranteed network contract, which is in effect until 2017.
The actor claimed that the demands of his contract were not met.
"Sa totoo lang, ayoko umabot sa ganito. Ako po yung huling tao na malagay sa ganitong kalagayan. Pero andito ako ngayon dahil hindi po hindi ako nabigyan ng pagpapahalaga at respeto sa career ko na gusto mangyari," he said.
"Bilang seryosong actor at musikero, marami pa akong gustong gawin. Lahat naman tayo ang gusto natin mapabuti tayo. Marami pa tayong gustong marating," he ended. (Sunnex)