Robin Padilla barred from leaving PH | SunStar

Robin Padilla barred from leaving PH

Time to read
1 minute
Read so far

Robin Padilla barred from leaving PH

Monday, September 11, 2017

ROBIN Padilla has expressed his frustrations on social media after he was prevented from leaving the country for a trip to China.

In an Instagram post, the Kapamilya actor disclosed that he was personally invited by the Princess of the Sultanate of Sulu to witness the celebration of its international relations with China.

In an unexplained turn of events, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) issued a hold departure order against Padilla.

The actor said he didn't know what happened especially when he was able to travel outside the country even before he was given an absolute pardon by President Rodrigo Duterte in November of last year.

Padilla also stressed that he doesn't have any pending case filed against him in Philippine court.

"Sa hindi maipaliwang na pangyayari ay hindi ako makakaalis ng bansa dahil ako ay may hold order sa Bureau of Immigration. Napakagulo ng naganap na ito sapagkat noong ako'y conditional pardon lamang kailanman ay hindi ako nagkaroon ng suliranin sa pag alis ng Inangbayan pero ngaun na Absolute pardon na ako ay ngayon pa ako nabiyayaan ng hold order ng BI," he said.

(Due to unexplained circumstance I wasn't able to leave the country because I have a hold departure order in the Bureau of Immigration. This is a terrible thing because I never had problems leaving the country before when I was just under conditional pardon but now that I am given absolute pardon I was given a hold order by the BI.)

The actor said he was saddened to go through this ordeal especially when he's paying his taxes right.

"Nakapanghihina naman po ang binabayaran kong malaking tax kung palagi akong kasama sa usual suspect," He said.

(I feel weak for the high amount of taxes that I paid if I am always included in the usual suspect)

"Binigyan na po ako ng isang pagkakataon ng Pangulo Rodrigo Duterte sana po ay pati ang mga nasa ilalim na sangay ng gobyerno ay bigyan din ako ng pagkakataon. Matanda na rin po ako ang mga ganitong legal stress ay damage na po ang binibigay hindi na po thrill," he said.

(President Rodrigo Duterte has given me the chance and I hope that the government agencies concerned will also give me a chance. I am old, this legal stress results in damage, not thrill)

To recall, the actor went to jail after he was convicted for illegal possession of firearms in 1994.

Three years later, he was granted conditional pardon by former President Fidel Ramos before he was given executive clemency by Duterte back in November, which restores his civil and political rights, meaning he can freely travel abroad, cast his vote and run for political office, among others. (SunStar Philippines)


View Comments