3 Korean miners kidnapped in Lanao Sur

-A A +A

Monday, November 7, 2011


MANILA (Updated, 6:54 p.m.) – Three South Korean miners who were reported missing three weeks ago were kidnapped by still unidentified group in Lanao del Sur, police said Monday.

National police spokesman Agrimero Cruz said the victims were on a mission to inspect a mining site in the remote area of Lanao del Sur.

Cruz identified the kidnapped Koreans as Woo Shu Bong, Kim Nam Dou and a certain Choi.

Advertisement

Local police reported that the three left their hotel in Cagayan de Oro City last October 21 with three unidentified Filipinos. They were reportedly invited to go to Lala Maranding town in Lanao del Norte, where they were last seen.

Cruz said the foreigners failed to return to their hotel in Cagayan de Oro City after said inspection trip on October 30.

The police spokesman said the Koreans were held hostage by their kidnappers in an area within Lake Lanao and there was no ransom demand from their captors so far. (PNA/Sunnex)

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!
Sun.Star Jobs
  • Filipino Abroad
  • Calamity Report
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Pacman blog
  • Festivals
  • Habemus Papam
  • tell it to sunstar
  • goodearth
  • Technology
  • Philippine Polls
  • Obituary
  • Pnoy
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • ePaper
  • Sinulog