Energy chief not quitting, says power OK in Visayas

-A A +A

Tuesday, December 24, 2013


SAYING power has been restored to areas in the Visayas affected by Super Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan), Energy Secretary Carlos Jericho Petilla on Tuesday said he is not resigning from his post.

Petilla told Solar TV news the power supply in the affected areas had been "fully restored."

Last November, Petilla had said he would resign from his post if power was not restored to the affected areas by Christmas Eve.

"If I did not commit I felt that people would have relaxed," he said.

However, earlier radio reports said some areas could be reenergized yet until electricians certify the houses are safe enough for power. (JK/Sunnex)

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!
2013 Bar results out

FOREX: US$ 1.00 = PhP 44.420

Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas

Philippine Lotto Results

Gamesort iconCombinations
6Digit7-2-0-8-1-6
Swertres Lotto 11AM8-9-8
Swertres Lotto 4PM4-5-2
Swertres Lotto 9PM6-0-7
EZ2 Lotto 9PM04-02

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Sinulog
  • ePaper
  • goodearth
  • Philippine Polls
  • Festivals
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Habemus Papam
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Technology
  • Pnoy
  • Obituary
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • Calamity Report
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Pacman blog
  • Filipino Abroad