Clean up starts after Nazarene procession

-A A +A

Thursday, January 9, 2014


THE Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) cleared tons of garbage from the streets of Manila on Thursday after the Black Nazarene procession, a city official said.

In his Twitter account, Manila Vice Mayor Isko Moreno said that garbage trucks followed behind the procession to immediately cleared that streets with trash and debris left by the millions of devotees of the miraculous image.



At the Quirino Grandstand, where the procession started, Moreno said that it looked like nothing has happened since the devotees were immediately dispersed and the streets cleaned up right away.

Seventeen truckloads of garbage were initially gathered along the parade route as of Thursday afternoon, the official said.

In last year's procession, a total of 33 truckloads of trash were collected after the parade. (Sunnex)

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!
Sun.Star Jobs
  • Habemus Papam
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • Technology
  • Calamity Report
  • Philippine Polls
  • Filipino Abroad
  • Obituary
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • goodearth
  • Festivals
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Sinulog
  • Pacman blog
  • ePaper
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Pnoy