Police: QC shooting spree suspect killed 2 in 2013-A A +A
Thursday, May 22, 2014
THE suspect behind the Quezon City shooting spree, which killed four people on May 11, was the same person who killed two more individuals in separate occasions late last year, a police official said Thursday.
Ballistic examination on the spent shells recovered from the crime scenes of the random shooting in North Fairview in Quezon City positively matched to the bullets, which killed two people late last year, said Quezon City Police District - Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit (QCPD-CIDU) head Chief Inspector Rodel Marcelo.
Marcelo was referring to Alexander Galvez and Mark Matthew Alvarez who were gunned down in Quezon City in October and November 2013, respectively.
Marcelo said the gunman in the shooting death of Galvez and Alvarez is facing a robbery with homicide charge and remains at large.
"Hindi pa namin hawak 'yung mismong baril kung saan nanggaling 'yung mga bala na pumatay sa anim na tao na ito," he said.
On May 11, two unidentified motorcycle-riding gunmen indiscriminately shot four individuals identified as Rodelio Dela Cruz, Alodia Grace Go, Gilmer Gabronino and Angeli Augis along North Fairview in Quezon City.
On May 13, police authorities arrested Alsaid Mindelano, the alleged driver of the gunman in the spree shooting, along with five other male individuals in an abandoned residential area at Fairmont subdivision in Fairview, Quezon City. (Sunnex)